Wednesday 13 March 2013

London: Southbank

Today was the first Wednesday I have had free in a long time and I spent it with Aimeé Matthew-St.John, who not only has a wonderful name but is also a very talented and newly fledged fashion designer. We visited the National Theater in London's Southbank to view the life's work of the innovative and rather fun British fashion photographer, Norman Parkinson. The first images we came across had been taken at locations nearby, which I had just passed on my bus journey to Waterloo, but in the distant past; in the 1950s.


Inspired by Parkinson's photography, the dramatic modernist concrete setting of the National Theater and stimulating conversation about fashion, photography and the promise of my first summer in London. I found myself snapping happily away at the many distracting unborn photographs that seemed to surround me from the book market under Waterloo bridge to the reflective puddles and windows. Here are some of the images I took today, which had the rather ominous date of 13-3-13. The day Pope Francis the 1st was elected and hopefully one of the final days of winter.


















No comments:

Post a Comment