Thursday 13 October 2011

Journey Home: Headlight Leaves


I am currently working solely in black and white film for my college projects. At first I assumed that this was a purely practical decision as I'll only be able to process black and white films myself. But I am beginning to be seduced by the atmosphere and sensitivity of black and white images. Everyday I am attracted to colours and it's really refreshing not to be distracted by them and instead, focus on other important factors like light, contrast, texture, mood and form. On my journey home this evening, I took out my digital camera, set it to 400 ISO, the same as the roll in my film camera and sought the instant gratification of the digital image to encourage me on with my seemingly prehistoric film. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the dark room. Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment